MINUTES – December 12th, 2017
The Coldwater Area Chamber of Commerce held its regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, December 12th, 2017 at the Village Offices with no guest present.
Trustees Present: Angie Lefeld, Liz Wenning, Kylie Lange, Keith Selhorst, Kerri Lauber, Becca Wenning, Jason Wood, Brittany Uhlenhake, Janel Schulte, and Eric Thomas.
President Angie Lefeld called the meeting to order at 7:30 a.m.
- Treasurer’s Report- was presented by Keith Selhorst. The main activity this month was the Hometown Christmas expenses. Keith reported the expenses for the Hometown Christmas train was recognized by the Mercer County Civic Foundation as a donation. The reports were motioned for approval by Kerri Lauber and seconded by Brittany Uhlenhake. Motion carried.
- Checking Balance – $22,153.03
- Gift Certificate Balance – $13,123.47
- Secretary’s Report– the minutes from the November meeting were provided prior to the meeting date and handed out by Secretary, Kylie Lange. The meeting minutes were approved with a motion by Jason Wood and seconded by Becca Wenning. Motion carried.
. Committee Reports
- Membership – No new members at this time. Due notifications have been sent out and should start receiving our 2018 Membership dues. Angie is going to send Kylie the list of members who don’t list an email so we can send them an invoice in the mail.
- Website/Social Media – Nothing at this time.
- Banquet – The date is planned for February 21st, 2018. Angie has contacted Marcia Homan at the American Legion to reserve the date. Calico Café will be donating the desserts again this year. Becca Wenning is going to send out the nomination reminder so members can start nominating business/members of the community for the awards. Kylie is going to contact Mercer Color to get the invites and programs designed and sent out. Angie was going to contact Coldwater Flowers to line up the center pieces for decorations.
- Hometown Christmas – Feel like people really enjoyed the train this year that took them to the mall and back downtown. One recommendation is, next year have a board or clock set up that estimates the trains return.
- New Trustees – Angie Lefeld, Kerri Lauber, Keith Selhorst & Becca Wenning term’s will be ending and we need people to replace them. Keith Selhorst will be renewing his term for another 3 years as Chamber Treasurer. We have also had 2 recommendations of Jack Schwegman from Randall Bearing and Brad Neikamp from CA Group. We are still in need of one new trustee. Angie Lefeld is going to check if anyone at the hospital would be interested.
Brittany Uhlenhake motioned to adjourn the meeting and seconded by Janel Schulte. President Angie Lefeld adjourned the meeting at 7:54 AM.
Save the Dates:
Chamber Banquet – February 21st, 2018
Taste Of The Town – June 5th, 2018
THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE ON TUESDAY, JANUARY 9TH AT 7:30 AM AT THE VILLAGE OFFICES.