MINUTES – June 12th, 2018
The Coldwater Area Chamber of Commerce held its regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, June 12th, 2018 at the Village Offices with no guest present.
Trustees Present: Liz Wenning, Janel Schulte, Kylie Lange, Keith Selhorst, Amber Evers, Mindy Schwieterman, Sher Stahl, Nathan Burtch, Brad Niekamp, and & Eric Thomas.
President Liz Wenning called the meeting to order at 7:30 a.m.
- Treasurer’s Report- was presented by Keith Selhorst, our biggest expense this month was the shirts for the trustees at Taste of Town, which was under budget. We had a few more Taste of Town Registrations come in which was our biggest income.
The reports were motioned for approval by Mindy Schwieterman and seconded by Brad Niekamp. Motion carried.
- Checking Balance – $25,311.86
- Gift Certificate Balance – $14,150.04
- Secretary’s Report– the minutes from the May meeting were provided prior to the meeting date and handed out by Secretary, Kylie Lange. The meeting minutes were approved with a motion by Brad Niekamp and seconded by Nathan Burtch. Motion carried.
. Committee Reports
- Website/Social Media – nothing new to report. Brad sent out the Superior Credit Unions ribbon cutting ceremony early Tuesday morning.
- Taste of the Town – Keith did a quick recap on the amount of tickets each vendor handed in. The food tickets were down $75 this year but drink tickets were up $364. So overall the vendors tickets were up $289 this year compared to last. Next year we will need better signage for the ticket and drink stand, people were confused where to get what. 50/50, will be addressed next year but not sure it is worth the little money made and this is meant to be a fun community event not one to raise funds, will re-evaluate next year. Volume at the amphitheater needs turned up, once people get talking you can’t hear the music. Complaints of the depot not being opened for restrooms, noted that someone will have to supervise the depot if we open this up, the mud and kids will be tracked inside. Eric Thomas stated it might be possible to move the vendors more into the park area, this will free up more parking, allow everyone closer to stage, and closer to restrooms at shelter houses. Keith also noted he received $10 in the mail from a resident who received too much returned change.
- Leadership Class – Mindy Schwieterman has reviewed the dates and she can’t commit to making it to every date. Amber Evers is going to check her schedule to see if she can still commit to the leadership program.
- Lemonade Stand – Kylie has been in touch with Nan List who is chair for the Sorority, they are working on a work schedule. They will start staffing at 3 PM on both Saturday and Sunday. It was agreed that the shifts for the lemonade stand would also begin at 3 PM on both dates. A signup sheet to work was passed around for trustees to sign up to work a shift, additional help maybe needed from past trustees and community members. If interested in working a shift please contact Kylie, email@example.com
- Coldwater Parade – the Parade registration was sent in. Kylie has also contacted Kenn-Feld Group regarding borrowing a John Deere gator again this year. Liz has reached out to Totally Promotional on some items that could be handed out during the parade. Looking at smaller items (Koozies, Cups, Sunglasses, Frisbees) so we have more items to hand out. A final decision on items and people who will walk in parade will be decided at July meeting.
Mindy Schwieterman motioned to adjourn the meeting and seconded by Brad Niekamp. President Liz Wenning adjourned the meeting at 8:03 AM.
Save the Dates:
Coldwater Community Picnic – August 4th & 5th
Hometown Christmas – November 18th, 2018
Chamber Banquet – February 13th, 2019
THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE ON JULY 10TH, 2018 AT 7:30 AM AT THE VILLAGE OFFICES.