MINUTES – March 13th, 2018
The Coldwater Area Chamber of Commerce held its regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, March 13th, 2018 at the Village Offices with no guest present.
Trustees Present: Liz Wenning, Janel Schulte, Kylie Lange, Keith Selhorst, Amber Evers, Brittany Uhlenhake, Mindy Schwieterman, Sher Stahl, Jack Schwegman, Nathan Burtch, Brad Niekamp, and Jason Wood.
President Liz Wenning called the meeting to order at 7:30 a.m.
- Treasurer’s Report- was presented by Keith Selhorst, where he reviewed January & February’s reports. The main income the past 2 months was renewal of member dues. Keith also reviewed the treasurer’s report for the 2018 Banquet, which cost the Chamber $2,655.72. Keith also reviewed the 2018 budget proposal, next month we will approve the 2018 budget. Keith has received a few invoices that needed to be approved for 2018.
- Coldwater High School After Prom – donation of $150 was motioned for approval by Mindy Schwieterman and seconded by Brad Niekamp.
- Arts in the Park – donation of $550 was motioned for approval by Brittany Uhlenhake and seconded by Jack Schwegman.
- Expense to Repair Aluminum Wagon – Village of Coldwater $81.79 and Coldwater Lumber $99.68 was motioned for approval by Jason Wood and seconded by Mindy Schwieterman.
- Trustees also reviewed a request for a Coldwater student asking for donation for a robotics camp this summer, the donation was not granted.
The reports were motioned for approval by Sher Stahl and seconded by Jason Wood. Motion carried.
- Checking Balance – $29,633.80
- Gift Certificate Balance – $14,350.04
- Secretary’s Report– the minutes from the January meeting were provided prior to the meeting date and handed out by Secretary, Kylie Lange. The meeting minutes were approved with a motion by Sher Stahl and seconded by Jason Wood. Motion carried.
. Committee Reports
- Membership – Liz Wenning & Janel Schulte will continue to visit new members to have their pictures taken and new plaques presented.
- Website/Social Media – Becca Wenning (previous trustee) is going to sit down with Brad Niekamp to show him everything she did for the website. He will then review what he knows and see what he can handle. Liz is currently an administrator for the Facebook page so she is going to add Brad as one also.
- Taste of the Town – The date is set for June 5th, 2018. Sher Stahl is the chair for this event with Amber Evers being the co-chair. The trustees were informed that at this year’s event they will also be having an opening ceremony for the new amphitheater in the park. Sher is going to start working on this event and start getting letters out to the vendors.
- Lemonade Stand – Kylie Lange & Mindy Schwieterman are chairs for this event, with Janel Schulte as co-chair. There is a meeting Thursday March 15th at the depot for the picnic. Brad Niekamp is going to be representing the Chamber/Lemonade Stand Committee at this meeting.
- Parade – It was discussed to possibly put another float in the 2018 parade. Kylie is going to see if she can line up another gator for this year.
- Hometown Christmas/Santa Run – the date is set for November 18th, 2018. The trustees also created a committee to possibly have a Santa Run incorporated with the Open Houses. This is still in discussion so a committee was formed to possibly add this addition to the Hometown Christmas.
- 2019 Banquet – The date is set for February 13th, 2019 at the Coldwater American Legion. Kylie is going to contact Marica Homan to get the date reserved.
- 2018 Chamber Banquet – Keith did a wrap up from the expenses. It was brought up to next year possibly raise the prices for the meal tickets. The meals are costing us a little more than we are charging per person. Keith also mentioned we could stop handing out free drink tickets and just have a cash bar. This will be brought up for discussion when planning begins for the 2019 banquet.
- Shirts – Liz Wenning is going to check to see if she can order the 4 new trustees the same shirts we all received last year.
- Trustee Listing – Keith Selhorst is going to add the new trustees to the website.
- Banner – Between April & May we will be getting a new banner with the current members so that we can have it on display at the Taste of the Town.
- Leadership Class – Liz Wenning is going to reach out to the Mercer County/Celina Chamber about reserving our 2 spots and to get more information on classes.
Mindy Schwieterman motioned to adjourn the meeting and seconded by Brittany Uhlenhake. President Liz Wenning adjourned the meeting at 8:19 AM.
Save the Dates:
Taste Of The Town – June 5th, 2018
Hometown Christmas – November 18th, 2018
Chamber Banquet – February 13th, 2019
THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE ON APRIL 10TH, 2018 AT 7:30 AM AT THE VILLAGE OFFICES.