MINUTES – October 11th, 2016
The Coldwater Area Chamber of Commerce held its regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, October 11th, 2016 at the Village Offices.
Trustees Present: Beth Butler, Angie Lefeld, Keith Selhorst, Mindy Schwieterman, Kerri Lauber, Sher Stahl, Bob Hibner, Becca Wenning, Andy Kremer, Jason Wood, Liz Wenning, and Eric Thomas.
President Beth Butler called the meeting to order at 7:30 am with a welcome to new Trustee Mindy Schwieterman.
Introduction of Guests
Dan Muhlenkamp with Preferred Insurance visited the chamber meeting to discuss an upcoming event that will be presented by John Maxwell certified leader Dave Finchum on December 6th. It will be a free event that highlights what makes a great leader and how to take leadership to the next level. More information can be found at www.preferredcenter.com
- Treasurer’s Report- was presented by Keith Selhorst and was motioned by Bob Hibner and seconded by Kerri Lauber. Motion carried.
- Checking Balance – $25,364.93
- Gift Certificate Balance – $11,202.54
- Secretary’s Report– the minutes from the September trustee meeting provided prior to the meeting date and handed out by Vice President, Angie Lefeld. The meeting minutes were approved, with a motion by Bob Hibner and seconded by Kerri Lauber.
- Membership- No new members to report of yet.
- Website/Social Media- Becca shared that there has been an update to the chamber website to sponsor the Hometown Christmas with checks for sponsorship being dropped off to People’s Bank or Preferred Insurance. An attempt to reach out to potential sponsors via website and a follow up attempt of a letter. Becca has contacted previous sponsors from last year via email and directing them to register online. An attempt to contact business emails to be collected at the annual banquet to ensure correct communication. There was a discussion of adding a stipend for who handles the chambers social media. Beth Butler is going to check into the bylaws.
- Hometown Christmas-. Decided not to have the hot chocolate due to the bakery already providing it. There will be a gift basket drawing the night of Hometown Christmas with people signing up from them throughout the day at various locations around town. A $500 Shop Local Gift Certificate winner will be pulled on December 8th from names that were entered the day of Hometown Christmas. All carriage & pony rides will be free in honor of the chamber celebrating it’s 50th year.
- Banquet- The American Legion Hall has been reserved for 2/15/2017.
- Chamber 50th Year Celebration- Approval for purchase of more garland to enhance the seasonal decorations around town & waiting until next year to replace wreathes that are on the light poles. Eric Thomas will note what is needed so we can purchase the appropriate items for next year.
Meeting was adjourned at 8:20 am with a motion from Andy Kremer, seconded by Kerri Lauber.
Save the Dates:
Halloween Trick or Treat – Sunday October 30th
Hometown Christmas – Sunday November 20th
THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE ON WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 9, 2016 AT THE VILLAGE OFFICE AT 7:30 AM